Saturday, November 1, 2008

Update (from Mike)

After a frustrating start on Friday, Diana's doctor assigned her an excllent nurse. She and the rest of the team here at Mercy worked hard to ease her discomfort and manage her pain better. As a result, Diana had a much better night, the best one yet. Most of yesterday was focused on clearing her lungs and managing pain. While she is still working on the first one, I am happy to report that her pain is being managed very effectively. The medical team should start removing some of her tubing soon. Today (Saturday) she will begin physical therapy. She looks great! Carrie washed her hair last evening. Her color is good. Her vitals are excellent (even though her heart rate is still around 115, this is normal). She received 2 units of blood yesterday (also normal). While I don't think she is ready for a game of Scrabble yet, she is noticeably more alert. Yesterday, she had trouble even reading her blog. She is sitting in her chair as I write this, doing her breathing exercises. The health care professionals here assure us that Diana is progressing very nicely.

Diana requires a family member to be with her at all times. Today, Carrie, bless her heart, will be spending the day. I will run up home (2 hours away) and take care of some domestic things (water plants, clean up cat messes, etc.)

Diana and I have the best neighbors one could ask for. Roger and Marion next door and John and Mary Ann across the street are looking out for us while we are gone. They are feeding the cats, bringing the newspapers up, and generally keeping an eye on things. Diana and I appreciate that so much. What a relief to not have to worry about that too.

Carrie or I will continue to keep you updated. Let's pray that the news continues to be good.

2 comments:

Tootie said...

I finally figured out how to have a blogger account! This technology is really mind boggling. I'll never be a "Diana" technology-wise. I have tried to send you messages before but that "create an account" message was so inconvenient at school. I had to wait until the weekend to do it at home.
I have been thinking about you constantly and updating the kids daily. They ask about you all the time.
Every time I watch QVC jewelry you are there with me. I just put my new jewelry case together. I can't wait until you can see it with all my treasures in it. You will go crazy!!
I'll be thinking about you on Tuesday when I cast my vote for our men! Go Wayne! Go Obama! When the winners are named, I will definitely by "blogging" you.
Get well soon. I'm lost in the mornings without my buddy. We have to get to Fairmont to eat at Muriel's!
Love you bunches!!
Tootie

cbwilliams said...

Hey~
So very happy to hear you are progressing - I never doubted for a moment your return to good health. As for physicial therapy, pretend you're in Morgantown walking up the hill from Poly Sci and I will be right there with you in spirit! D sends a big hug and kiss. You and of course, Mike's brother, remain in our thoughts and prayers.

Love ya,
Cindy