Monday, November 3, 2008

Six Days Post Op - Good News (Mike)

Diana is doing fantastic! She has been weaned off everything except her chest drains and even they may come off tomorrow, Dr. Sardi says. I just took her for a walk around the hall and she did fine, even without the assistance of oxygen. Dr. Sardi predicted that she may be able to be released by the weekend! And...she may not even have to go to Hope Lodge. When she is released from Mercy, I can take her home. I wish you could all see her. We want to wait until we get her home and settled before she has visitors. Dr. Sardi says that she no longer needs a family member to stay with her through the night here as long as she remains stable.

I went in to U. of MD. Medical Center to see my brother Jeff and was pleased to see some progress there too. (Jeff is in room 723; Diana is in room 722; their respective hospitals are less than 1 mile apart!!!) When he heard my voice, he opened his eyes and squeezed my hand. He even gave me a thumb up when I informed him how well Diana is doing. Jeff still has a long road to hoe before he is the old Jeff. Acute rehab is probably in his forseeable future and then...??? We are all hoping for the best. My sister Jill has everybody in Lancaster County praying for him and it appears to be working so far.

Thanks to everyone who has helped ease our burden. Please keep both of my loved ones in your prayers.

No comments: