Monday, November 17, 2008

Three Weeks Tomorrow

Tomorrow is the three week benchmark for surgery. It still feels like a long haul, but when I look back to how much I have improved, even over just the last week, it is truly amazing. I remember reading other people's experiences prior to this surgery and I was sure I'd still be in the hospital at this point. I was certainly prepared for the worst-case scenario.

Lucky for me, every day gets a little better. At my recent visit to Dr. Sardi, Kim the PA suggested that I could start doing some light activities, like doing dishes. I thought to myself, no way. I feel like a thousand pounds is bearing down on my stomach at all times... how can I do anything like dishes? But, being the good patient that I am, I decided I should try. So I loaded the dishwasher after dinner one night and it wasn't so bad. It was nice to move around a little. Last night I even made dinner. Mind you, it wasn't fancy, and Mike did the lifting and shifting, but I made some fish, Mike mashed some potatoes and it was sooooooo good! Then Mike got to do all the clean up from that!

I feel like I can stand some light company, so if you are interested, just give a call first to make sure we aren't at an appointment. Also, Mike will try to balance visits so I don't have too much of a good thing at once. One does get tired of looking at the same walls, but hey, I'm not complaining. It could be so much worse.

So, that's all today. I'll look forward to hearing from ya!

3 comments:

bigboy121192 said...

Hey,
this is Micah! I am soooo glad that you are getting better. Everyday I say my prayers to God for you. I am so happy for you and I can't wait to see you in febuary. And Oh, I forgot to say that we did it. Barack Obama won. I dont know if you were able to vote. I hope you were able to. Well let me go, I dont want to take up too much of your time.

May God Bless you.

Love, Micah

Diana said...

Hey Micah! I am so happy to hear from you. Yep, we did it and I did get to vote. I made sure I had an absentee ballot so I wouldn't miss this awesomeo opportunity. When the news came that Barack would be our next president my nurse and I were both crying with excitement!
I can't wait to see you in Februrary and I hope I make it back in time to see some SHS musical productions (starring you, of course!)

Taylorrbrooke said...

Hiiii(:

It's Taylor!
How are you feeling? Good i hope. I walk by your room everyday and i look for you!
i hope all is well.

-Taylor