Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Six Weeks

I can't believe it has been six weeks since I had surgery. In some ways it seems like forever ago, and then again, just like yesterday. At any rate, I don't have much to report this week. No big changes. I did try to go off the pain medication--unsuccessfully. On Sunday I thought it would be a good idea to try to get through a day without it. Even though I'm still having pain, I thought I'd be able to handle it. By Tuesday, I had a splitting headache, my blood pressure was through the roof, the pain, while not unbearable wasn't at a good level. Mike convinced me that pain medication was prescribed for a reason and that maybe I'd stopped too soon. So I took the pain meds again and immediately started to feel better. So I guess I did jump the gun.

Hopefully, I will have some more detailed info after my visit with Dr. Sardi on Friday. I'm not looking forward to the drive to Baltimore (especially since there is a possibility of bad weather). I'll be sure to update the blog when we know more after the visit.

Wasn't Mike sweet to put up a picture of me? I hate to see pictures of myself--but now you can see I'm still here!

I have to thank the folks who've sent food, cards, called, visited, and had us over for dinner. If I haven't returned your phone call it's not because I don't want to. I still get a little winded if I try to talk too much. So, in good time, I will get back to you. So many people have been so thoughtful keeping us supplied with food and keeping me cheered-up.

Also, I'm happy to see comments on the blog from my students: Missy and her sister, Bethany, Micah, and Taylor! It means the world to me to hear from you. I can't wait to get back to school and see you.

And here's a nice bit of good news, fellow PMPer Doug, (see link) and Lindsey are engaged. I'm so happy for them. That is the best news I've heard in a long time!

That's all until the update.

2 comments:

roamroller said...

Mom, nice update! Wish I could see you this weekend. Maybe next weekend, if you're not too busy! Haha! Glad you are still updating. Much love to you and dad!

Diana said...

Much love to you too! I don't think I'll be too busy next weekend!