Tuesday, October 28, 2008

From Mike

We are now 6 hours into the surgery and so far so good. The head nurse called me about 2:00 pm to let me know that Dr. Sardi was into the heated chemo wash (to make sure all the cancer cells are destroyed). We remain hopeful! Dr. Sardi should be able to talk to me in person about 5:00 pm. Carrie and I will leave after that to visit my brother Jeff, who is a mile away at the University of MD Med. Center.

My 48 year-old brother, with no history of heart disease, suffered a major stroke in a grocery store in Easton, MD (Eastern Shore). He was transported from Easton Memorial to Baltimore over the weekend. I spoke with my sisters earlier. They have been with him the whole time. Christine says that the outlook looks bleak at this time. He spent his entire life in law enforcement and is our only brother.

Please keep both of our loved ones in your thoughts.
(Mike)

1 comment:

cbwilliams said...

Mike & Diana~
Both of you have been in our thoughts and prayers all day. In fact, the whole family has been put to praying - they are strong in their faith and prayer warriors. So very sorry about your brother - know, that he is now included in the prayer chain. Ya'll are in our hearts and we love you both...
Cindy & Dale